Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-11-2006, 05:50 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok so we have been together for 12 years, and it has recently come to my attention that i cannot stand my BIL's on Dh's side.

they are inconsiderate, selfish and figure that no matter what is going on with us, that we should drop it and take care of them.

the story behind this is two fold.

dh's one brother is really screwd up in the head. he lived here for a couple of years scammed the government got a decent job, got his head on straight, then his sister came out for a visit and he decided to move up to the city with her and her kids. fine and dandy until the kids turn into teenagers and start disrespecting him, so he moves back here. he kept on showing up unanounced during dinner and stuff when i don't have enough to offer him as well as he is allergic to peanuts so i can't just give him food, our house is laced in peanut butter.

long story short, we don't have the time and attention to give him (he's 44) so he is moving back to the city, he shows up here thursday at 525 wanting to have a visit, pick up some stuff and say bye to logan properly. all fine and dandy, NOT! Swim lessons are at 545 and i am on my way out the door. i let him in the garage and left.

plus this week is an annual big sale for dh, he is working from 8am to 11pm all week, and this brother is mad that dh didn't have time to help him move

he got a cousin to help. and is gone for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-11-2006, 05:54 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

ok, time for the other BIL

Dh installs car starters and stereos for a living.

SIL got a new vehicle and wanted dh to put a starter/alarm in for her. no problem, we tell them when a good time to come out is.... they ignore that and they come out on a weekend where we are both fully booked and dh works saturday night until like 5am, and they want him to install it sunday.

he did what he could. didn't get it done

so this week he starts phoning wanting dh to finish the job. the parts haven't come in. so instead he wants dh to put a starter in his truck

Dh hasn't had a day off in a week, working horribly long days, and we have a staff party tonight. tomorrow is my last sunday off for a while and we had planned to take logan ice skating.

BIL showed up last night.

i haven't mentioned that this brother is 43

dh is 38 the baby of the family but they all want him to take care of them!!

i'm so sick of this.
#3 of 7 Old 11-11-2006, 06:00 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

ok i think now that that is out of my system i can maybe be nice to bil that is here.

i told him that he is on his own for dinner. that we had previous plans....

maybe dh isn't forceful enough when he says this weekend isn't good enough

oh, now a humble note. this morning dh and i both slept in until 10 am, (it is rememberance day)
bil went and got us coffee and breakfast. nice huh??

make me feel like more of a

#4 of 7 Old 11-11-2006, 06:07 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0
Give 'em crap Andrea!
#5 of 7 Old 11-11-2006, 06:10 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Sounds like your BIL's need to grow up even if they are in their 40s. And maybe learn some consideration. If they are going to ask for favors, then it should be when it is convient for you not for them.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#6 of 7 Old 11-11-2006, 08:58 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

ok so it isn't just me being selfish eh?

to want to enjoy my dh's one day off with him and Logan??

i'm close, but not going to say anything, yet :egrin:
#7 of 7 Old 11-12-2006, 02:24 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

ok so now it is time to get sheepish and embarassed.

after i went to bed last night dh and bil went out and installed the car starter, so that we could do stuff together today

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page