Since everyone loves Harry Potter - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-01-2002, 12:25 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
From what I have read on here and seen, everyone loves harry potter. I was just curious about two things.

For those of us who have read the Harry Potter series, which was your favorate?

And why do you love the Harry potter books?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-01-2002, 01:04 PM
Special Member

I have only read One and Two, but I think I like Two better. Maybe because I haven't seen the movie yet. *shrug* who knows. Might be because I read it last and remember it better.

I like them because they are so well written. It's not slow.
#3 of 7 Old 11-01-2002, 02:09 PM
Special Member

I enjoy the series. Harry is growing up..the decisions get harder...the theme a little darker...seems to set the mood for teeage-dom. Rowling was very creative with everything I look forward to the other books!!!

#4 of 7 Old 11-01-2002, 02:11 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Three was my favorite. Two had some stuff in it I thought was gross.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#5 of 7 Old 11-01-2002, 03:17 PM
Special Member

I personally like book 4. The themes are getting a little arke but its gtting moe exciting I love the way Harry and his friends learn to deal the Slytherins (?) and its not always with magic. I believe it helps kids realize that its ok to be you even if others don't like it. It gives kids the self-confidence to stand up to others or just ignore other kids when they are mean.
And how about Harry having to deal with the Dursley's, he knows they hate him because they are afraid of magic. But he dosn't really hold it against them even though he does sometimes think of things he'd like to do to them.
Anyway I think they have good lessons in the books fr kids to learn how to deal with everyday life (mean family, mean teachers, kids who make fun of them, tests etc) yet still be yourself,with just the right mixtue adventure and fantasy.
#6 of 7 Old 11-01-2002, 06:16 PM
Special Member

I have only read the first two ... going through them in our homeschool curriculum right now. I like the second one better and i'm sure I'll enjoy #3 better, then #4 and so on and so on.

I think I enjoy the latest ones better as I read each of them because you know more about each of the characters as you go along .... you love them more and more.

Can't wait for the next movie and the next book ..... we are having a Harry Potter party next week!
#7 of 7 Old 11-04-2002, 12:36 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

I like the fourth one the best I think. I guess because I read that one first and thats the one that got me into Harry Potter.

And I like the books because they are books that I would have loved to have read when I was a kid and books that I love to read now. They are for both kids and adults. kwim?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page