How do you fit exercise into your day? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-25-2006, 11:44 PM - Thead Starter

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 22 month old and a 4, almost 5 month old and it's nearly impossible to get to the gym or exercise for that matter. We live in the country and our road is almost like a freeway (55 mph, but really people go 70+), so riding bikes/walking/running in the neighborhood is out. I don't have anyone to leave the kids with during the day & I'm not taking them to daycare where it costs me $40 a day no matter how long they stay.

So....here's my question.....how did you fit exercise and decent nutrition into your day when your kids were little. I REALLY want to lose weight, but it just seems I'm doing nothing for myself and running myself ragged for everyone else. I have incorporated trying to walk the stairs (4 flights) as many times as possible when I'm at work...no elevators unless I have to go to a code, stairs in/out when I go to/leave work. I'm trying to drink more water at work. I'm still a cow. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!!

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 08-26-2006, 01:54 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
excersize?

good question, i don't have your obsicals but i still dont' do it
#3 of 9 Old 08-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 3
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I go to the gym at 6:45 A.M. three days a week (Before the kids and DH are awake) I also am able to take the kids for a walk/wagon ride in my neighboorhood on the days I don't go to the gym.

Do you have a mall near you? I often walked the mall when I had really little ones. There are a lot of walkers in our local mall.

#4 of 9 Old 08-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
When the kids were younger, my only way to get exercise was by joining a gym that had free childcare. They actually loved playing with all the kids and toys and of course, I could take my time. I also invested $200 in an elliptical trainer that sat in my office for a year. I'd get up 1/2 an hour early before anyone else was awake and get my cardio in first thing. Later, when the kids got to a point where they were watching their favorite shows in the afternoon, I'd jump back on it. You can even just do 10 minutes at a time, if need be. Ten minutes several times a day can easily add up to 30, 60 or more!

Is there a park nearby that you could go to? My good friend actually has a baby seat on the back of her bike and she rides with a 22 pound kiddo every night. I bet that's why she's seeing results faster than me too!

I'd say take it step by step. Find one or two days that you can somehow fit exercise in. If that has to be the weekend, then so be it. Find a workout that you like (a couple of my favorites are Turbo Jam and Core Secrets). Once you've mastered two days a week, shoot for three, four, etc. I won't lie and tell you it's easy, but it DOES become habit and you find more ways. Once the kids are a little older, it will be easier to occupy them while you exercise.
#5 of 9 Old 08-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Special Member

And all of my information and experience is based on the fact that Mike has been 100% supportive, no matter what I've chosen to do. I really hope you can convince Chris that this is something that will make you happier and healthier, and he'll help you find the time!
#6 of 9 Old 08-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2

yeah right, my body REALLY needs to see a gym, but it ain't happening anytime soon!
#7 of 9 Old 08-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member

I found that going first thing in the morning is best. I always get tired if I wait to go in the afternoon.
#8 of 9 Old 08-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
Luckily for us Zachary is old enough to watch the other children for an hr every evening while Johnny and I go up the street to the rec center (and our friends across the street help make sure our house isn't burning down-lol). If i were you I would look into a YMCA. They have daycare. Or look for a workout center that offers it free or cheap. Is there anyone you know closeby that would watch them for an hr a day or so? I have been trying to find someone out here to watch the girls for an hr every morning so I can workout twice a day but the only people that I found want to charge me $10hr
Good luck honey! If you can't get to the gym try doing a workout video at home while the girls are napping. That is what I mainly did when Payton was small.
#9 of 9 Old 08-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Addicted Member

I would start with the diet. You know WW works well for you and did in the past. I would start there and when the pounds start dropping then I would feel more motivated to fit some

I know you of all people could put your mind to it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page