How is Everyone Doing? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews

How is Everyone Doing?

User Tag List

LittleBit's Avatar LittleBit
12:00 PM 01-21-2010
No one has posted in awhile, how are you doing on your weight loss, exercise and eating goals>

What exercise are you doing>
LittleBit's Avatar LittleBit
12:02 PM 01-21-2010
I'm doing okay, I have been eating okay. Still need to focus on less carbs then I have been eating.

As for exercise I have been using the EA Fitness for the Wii for the last few days. A friend gave it to me for an early birthday present. I LOVE it.
I still like my Wiifit for stretching, strengthening and balance. But for Cardio the Fitness blows it away. I almost never sweat while doing the fit, I am drenched after the 30 day challenge routine.

I got Tessa to do it yesterday and she liked it too.
Grace's Avatar Grace
01:20 PM 01-21-2010
Terrible. Just working on my thesis saps all my energy and what I have left over, I need to use on cleaning and taking care of kids. I will get back into this when I am finally finished. I am trying to eat more fruit as it seems to help my health. Too bad I don't really like fruit!
KJBBDOLL's Avatar KJBBDOLL
01:25 PM 01-21-2010
Well, I had lost 2lbs but unfortunately I started my period for the first time since Parker was born a few days ago (I'm breastfeeding) so I ate a lot the couple of days beforehand and am back up. Hopefully when AF goes away on vacation those 2lbs will come back off. I haven't been very good about going to the gym this week due to cramps but I am planning on going today.
My food intake is O.K. I have issues once in awhile this week but otherwise been trying to stay right at 1400 calories or less. The kids are getting frustrated cuz there isn't any junk food in the house
01:25 PM 01-21-2010
Well, I had lost 2lbs but unfortunately I started my period for the first time since Parker was born a few days ago (I'm breastfeeding) so I ate a lot the couple of days beforehand and am back up. Hopefully when AF goes away on vacation those 2lbs will come back off. I haven't been very good about going to the gym this week due to cramps but I am planning on going today.
My food intake is O.K. I have issues once in awhile this week but otherwise been trying to stay right at 1400 calories or less. The kids are getting frustrated cuz there isn't any junk food in the house
Asiancracker's Avatar Asiancracker
12:03 AM 01-22-2010
I work out 6 days a week, run a mile 3 nights a week. Eat healthy and I haven't lost a pound.
elvispham
05:48 AM 02-01-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBit View Post
No one has posted in awhile, how are you doing on your weight loss, exercise and eating goals>

What exercise are you doing>
Hi,

You should use exercise machines if you have not enough time or do exercise outside and usually check your weight or calo that you use, eat more vegetable than meat, drink much water, juices, eating fish is good too.
03:03 PM 02-01-2010
I've been doing really good with my diet for the most part but my exercise is lacking. Between work, a fussy baby and tooth pain I just haven't had the energy to go to the gym. Luckily for me my job is pretty physical so I do get some exercise while working.
I have lost 5lbs in the last two weeks It doesn't sound like much but I am super pumped! Only 15lbs to go!
Elaine's Avatar Elaine
09:49 AM 02-02-2010
I'm not doing well at all ... It's the temptation of eating out with the other girls at work ... always sounds so much better than whatever frozen thing I packed. *sigh*
I'm doing a little better with my water intake though.
Spaggie's Avatar Spaggie
01:58 AM 02-03-2010
You know, I lost 65+ pounds because of my tooth problems. I put off buying clothes (even after surgery) because I just KNEW I would put weight back on. Well, I did. I went from 205 all the way down to 128, but had to bulk back up to 140 or they wouldn't do the surgery. Now I'm at 164 and I feel worse than I did when I weighed 205! I keep having bone splinters and bone spurs, so ALL I can eat are things like potatoes (carbs). The worst part is that I can't get fitted for dentures until the rest of the spurs/splinters are gone. Meanwhile, I keep gaining weight. But I HAVE to eat, right?

I miss the way I looked just a few months ago. But mostly I miss not being able to eat healthyt food. I tried to eat a salad (I REALLY miss salads!), but my gums were so raw and sore for days afterwards.

Yeah, I'm feeling sorry for myself. I'm still WAY lighter than I was less than a year ago. But I hate that, even after having my teeth removed, my mouth is STILL dictating what I can and cannot eat. i simply REFUSE to get that heavy again!
AnnaMasters's Avatar AnnaMasters
09:27 AM 05-03-2010
I am doing well it helps when everyone is trying to kiss your butt and tell you look skinnier. I have lost 70 pounds from my last child Gabriella and I am having my fourth child who is due in August. I have only gained 23 lbs which is good for me but may be bad for the baby. Hopefully I do not gain al my weight back.
eileensimpson's Avatar eileensimpson
07:31 PM 05-03-2010
Hang in there ladies! I went hiking two days in a row and my body is beyond soar right now. I have a major sweet tooth that I have to shut up everyday. I use to cut out certain foods like sugar and carbs, but I went crazy. Now I eat whatever I want, but stop at 1500 calories. Keeping track of my calories is a lot easier than eating nothing but healthy things. When you count calories, you automatically try to eat the foods were you will get the most beneficial vitamins, minerals, and satisfaction. The candy bars automatically don't look right (calorie wise) when counting calories. Instead of having that 300 calorie Snicker Bar, I eat an actual meal that has 300 calories that will satisfy me more. So far so good.
Spaggie's Avatar Spaggie
09:08 PM 05-09-2010
OK, someone should just shoot me NOW! I just HATE how much weight I have gained back. I'm really trying to cut back on DP and drink more water (I spend half th day in the bathroon as it is), but when the only things you can eat are soft foods (ie - carbs), its' REALLY hard to keep your weight under control. Used my denture money (tax return) to catch up on bills, so that's good. But I simply can NOT eat the things that are good for me, like fresh fruit and veggies. I just LOVE salads, but can't eat them. Same for fresh fruit. It really sucks. And with Rick still off work for his surgery, it doesn't look like I'll be getting my dentures anytime soon. But I eat as healthy as I can and that's all I can do for now.

I could really use some good vibes, ladies!
Reply Up