Lona and Joey's baby on the way..EDD 5/4/02 - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 09-19-2001, 03:00 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone,

I have thought about doing this and not doing this. But after the thinking, I have decided to go and do it. We decided after losing Anthony that we were not going to do anything different when we found out we were pregnant again. Well we had no idea that we would be back into pregnancy so soon.

We miscarried our son Anthony, June 1, 2001. It took us a year and a half to get pregnant with him. So we were expecting a LONG fight again getting pregnant. Little did we know that our wedding night just under 2 months after losing Anthony we would get pregnant again, we sure didn't that is for sure.

My hubby knew I was pregnant before I did. My boobs were hurting my a lot. Me being a ding dong, just thought it was my new bra. And I was soo tired. Me again just thought it was because I wake up early(at 6:00) and finally go to be at like 9 then my hubby waked me up when he gets home. Well I should say the dogs wake me up when my hubby gets home at 11:30PM, then spend and hour with him then go back to bed. And get up and do it all over again the next day. So you see why I thought it was the hours I was keeping.

Well Sept 13, in the midst of the WTC, Pentagon, and plane down in PA. We went out and bought an EPT test. Well was I surprised when it came back with 2 lines. It was soo funny. I set up my little center (dixie cup and test), put my deposit in the cup dipped the stick in the cup and let it go. Well I was sitting there and saw the first line go. Knowing no big deal, there is one line that goes across to let you know the test is done. I was not sure what one is was. So I grabbed the box out of the garbage. Well to my MUCH surprise it was the first line that says your pregnant. Here I am with my pants around my ankles going back and forth in the bathroom looking at the box...looking at the test. To say I was shocked and surprised would be a HUGE understatement. I finished doing what I had to do (I am not telling you that part...lol) and I went down the hallway (pants back up now...lol) and I stood in the hallway. Joey just looked at me and goes "what"? He had no clue I had taken the test. So I said to him we did it. He goes "what the he*l did we do?" I just pulled the test out from behind my back. He dropped whatever he was holding and goes OMG!!! let me see. He looks at it and goes see I told you that you were pregnant. Then he hugged me soo hard I couldn't breath. I was like "honey I can't breath" he was crying as was I.

We told our son Austin the next day. To say he was happy would be SUCH and understatement. He keeps kissing my belly and hugging my bells. He is such a sweet boy with a heart of pure gold.

Well I will let you know what happens we have a doc appt this Friday.. YEAH!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 09-19-2001, 06:02 PM
Addicted Member

Lona,
Glad to have you aboard the PG Journals!
#3 of 21 Old 09-19-2001, 06:21 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
Congratulations Lona!!!!

#4 of 21 Old 09-19-2001, 07:13 PM - Thead Starter

Shona, thank you sooooo very much it is sooo great to be here....
#5 of 21 Old 09-19-2001, 07:15 PM - Thead Starter

KRISTA, thank you so very much. I look forward to being here for the next 7 months...

Gosh I still have to pinch myself....I can't believe it...
#6 of 21 Old 09-25-2001, 05:11 PM

LONA CONGRATULATIONS!

Michelle
#7 of 21 Old 09-26-2001, 02:07 PM - Thead Starter

My doc put my due date one day back..I am not sure what the difference is but...he knows best..so my due date is now May 5th...which is funny because my poor mom will going nuts if all works well because my sister is due May 3rd, my mom has a wedding to go to on the 4th and I am due the 5th. Poor lady...lol

Morning, afternoon and nightime sickness has taken over my life for the past few days. I am 8 weeks 5 days along. In 2 more days our baby goes from being a embryo to a fetus....... So far soo good, I am starting to relax a bit more. But the fear of miscarrying again is always on my mind. I hope once I can listen to the babys heartbeat at home everyday I will be ok. We have one of those headphone things. that I put it on my belly and then put the headphones on me and I can hear the heartbeat. But is says around the 5th month you can start doing that. So 3 more months to go. I know it sounds a bit anal but I am soo afraid of losing again. I am sure anyone who has lost can relate. Talk to you later and have a good one...

Oh my big cravings are dairy....milk, cheese, ice cream...since last Saturday I alone have drank a gallon of milk
#8 of 21 Old 10-02-2001, 04:18 PM - Thead Starter

Well it has been a great few days. But last night was the greatest night. We felt the baby fluttering around in there. I couldn't believe it. I mean at 9 weeks, but with Anthony I felt him at about 10 weeks. At first I just thought it was gas... but nope it was the baby. We have another doc appt October 17th, then our appt in Nov we should hear the heartbeat on the doppler....YEAH!!!!!!! I am soo happy. I have finally gotten to the point where when I tell people I am happy about being pregnant I really am. And not because I was not happy to be pregnant, but I was afraid of losing again. But like what hubby told me, if we do again we have to enjoy this pregnancy just like we enjoyed being pregnant with Anthony and Austin. So fingers are crossed that all is well in there. So far soo good...
#9 of 21 Old 10-02-2001, 06:17 PM
Addicted Member

That's great, Lona! I am so happy that you are excited about your pregnancy now...and why shouldn't you be? It is such a miraculous experience! I just love those first few times that you feel the baby moving...it just makes it so REAL!
#10 of 21 Old 10-08-2001, 02:37 PM - Thead Starter

Well my sickness is yet back again.. I have been away from the puter for a while. I think I found what is making me sick though so that is good. Believe it or not it is OJ. When I was pregnant with Anthony that is what I lived on, it was the only thing that calmed my troubled tummy down. Now it is milk, go figure. I am at 10 weeks and 3 days today...YEAH!!. We have a doc appt Oct 17th. I know you can pick up the baby heartbeat at 12-13 weeks with the doppler, so we will be sorta close and I am hoping we can. We have also began to feel her flutter A LOT more now. Both Joey and Austin have felt her moving in there. It is a faint feeling but they felt it.

Austin is being such a great big brother. Everytime we go to the store and he gets something, he HAS to get something for his little brother (Anthony) and his baby brother or sister on the way. Gosh he is such a great kid it totally amazes me how sweet he is. I keep telling him he is going to be a great husband some day..but not tooo soon...after all he is only 5...lol.

Now for the fears....when I lost Anthony I was 13 weeks and I am getting pretty close. I now why we lost him but the fear is still there. I am not sure if it will ever go away until we are holding our baby in our arms and I am nursing her. I know I am most likely thinking to much into this but I am just so scared of going through that pain again. I am sure no one want to have to go through it again, once was and is MORE then enough for me.

I have not had any spotting or bleeding this pregnancy, thank gosh for that....

But we are taking it one day at a time. So far soo good. Talk to ya all soon..
#11 of 21 Old 10-09-2001, 01:06 AM
Addicted Member

Lona, try your best not to be too scared. I know the feeling. Once you get through the next few weeks, the fear will ease up a bit. We are here if you need us. Many many of us have been there.
#12 of 21 Old 10-09-2001, 11:10 AM

Wat to go Lona!!!!!I know that Anthony was overjoyed to hear about his baby brother/sister.
#13 of 21 Old 10-11-2001, 04:51 PM - Thead Starter

my tummy is out of the toliet now Y E A H !!!!!!! I think I found out what the problem was..OJ..no not the guy who got away with murder (well it you think about it would make anyone sick...lol) but the drink that is suppose to be soo good for you....so I will no longer be drinking that.. which is not good I love OJ..but I guess the baby doesn't. Not only does she rule my moods but she also rules my eating...lol. But it is all worth it in the long run.

I have been keeping myself busy the last few days. I just don't want to sit around and always be thinking of Anthony and how close I would of been to giving birth to him. Also, like I said before this is around the time that we began having problems with my pregnancy with him. So busy busy busy I have been.

Also, I was suppose to take a tine test to help out at Austins school parties and field trips too. However because I am pregnant I can't get one. Normally if you are pregnant you can get half the dose (5% instead of 10%) but because of me being a high risk pregnancy they don't even want to chance it and neither do we. After losing one I know that I couldn't even handle it again. And if we can prevent it then we for sure will.

Well back to cleaning I go........

I'll let ya's know how things go next Thursday...we are hoping to hear the heartbeat with the doppler....till next time..

Lona
#14 of 21 Old 10-15-2001, 04:04 AM
Addicted Member

Don't forget to take a little time for yourself. I know it isn't easy. I have been there. But you need to try. And don't over do it!
#15 of 21 Old 10-18-2001, 08:48 PM - Thead Starter

Well our doc appt on Oct 17th went well. I was surprised we were in and out quite quickly (under a half hour...) The babys heartbeat was 150. We saw her moving around she was kicking her feet up. We had another ultrasound...he tried using the doppler to find the heartbeat..but no luck..it turns out she was in a difficult position...lol. I am starting to show a bit more. My pants that were big b4 pregnancy are out of the question now...lol. I am 12 weeks tomorrow.. YEAH!!!! I am really starting to think that even once I pass the 13th week (that is when we lost Anthony) that I will still be VERY nervous. I had a bit of cramping Monday night and right away called the doc. That is how is all happen with Anthony. But we felt a HUGE relief when we saw her moving and heard that heartbeat..

I have been a bit lax on writting in here I have been having problems with Austins teacher. And have been trying to talk to other parents to see if she is only like this with Austin or if she is like this with other kids. So far Austin is NOT the only one. We are going to have a meeting with her and the princpal next week. Either this matter will be taken care of or he will be switched to another class. The main problem is class size she has too many kids and can't handle them all.

Hope everyone is doing well. ciao

Lona..
#16 of 21 Old 10-28-2001, 05:19 PM - Thead Starter

Well if you remember I lost Anthony June 1, 2001..I was 13 weeks and 1 day. Well this Saturday Oct. 27, 2001 was 13 weeks and 1 day for this baby...and talk about feeling worried, scared, nervous and a million other feelings. I am hoping I will finally allow myself to be over the top excited happy about the baby. I mean don't get me wrong I am happy..but just not over the top..and I know why so that makes it better. I am afraid I will lose again. Although I have had none of the problems with this pregnancy as I did with Anthony, but that fear is still in my mind everyday. Just wanted to check in and say hey to ya all..
#17 of 21 Old 10-28-2001, 06:05 PM
Addicted Member

Lona,
I am glad that you know why you aren't over thr top happy about this, but...Please try not to let that stop you from enjoying this pregnancy. There are so few times in our lives when we as women get to experience things no man ever could. There are so few times we actually get to do this in life. You are in my prayers as always. Take care of yourself and your little one. Keep your faith and your strength.
#18 of 21 Old 10-30-2001, 03:05 PM - Thead Starter

Hello everyone I just wanted to let you know that I am leaving BU...take care and good luck with your pregnancys or TTC's..
#19 of 21 Old 10-30-2001, 05:45 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Why are you leaving, if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry to hear your going...whatever the reason may be!!
#20 of 21 Old 10-30-2001, 07:55 PM
Addicted Member

Lona,
Please don't go....i hope that it is not b'cuz of the miscarriages and such. I would hope that you would find comfort and friendship here. Please change your mind. Feel free to email me if i can do anything for you at all: [email protected]

Yours,
Krista
#21 of 21 Old 10-31-2001, 01:17 AM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Please Email me and tell me whats going on, I am really concerned! If there is anything I can do at all please let me know!

[email protected]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page