|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|08-20-2008 06:11 PM|
|lvissers||Sounds yummy! I'll have to try it.|
|08-20-2008 05:08 PM|
Make-Ahead Italian Sausage Lasagna
1 lb. Italian sausage, removed from casing
1 tub (15 oz.) part-skim ricotta cheese
1 cup Italian parsley leaves, chopped
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (14 oz.) jar marinara sauce
9 no-cook (oven-ready/no-boil) lasagna noodles
1 (16 oz.) jar Alfredo sauce
1 (7-oz.) tub refrigeratoed sundried tomato pesto
8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded (2 cups)
1. Grease a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add sausage; cook, breaking up chunks until no longer pink.
3. Mix ricotta, parsley, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl until blended.
4. Spread 3/4 cup marinara sauce in prepared baking dish. Place 3 noodles crosswise on sauce (the noodles will expand as they bake, so make sure they don't overlap or touch the edges of the banking dish). Gently spread 3/4 cup Alfredo sauce on noodles, then sprinkle with 1/2 the sausage. Top with dollops of 1/2 the cheese-parsley mixture and 1/2 the pesto. Gently spread evenly.Top with 1/3 of the mozzarella. Repat layers once, starting with noodles (omitting the marinara sauce). Top with remaining 3 noodles, spread with remaining marinara sauce, top with dollops of remaining Alfredo sauce, then spread lightly to blend both sauces together. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
5. Cover baking dish tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
6. To bake: Heat oven to 375 degrees. Uncover baking dish and re-cover it with foil. Bake 1 hour or until sauce bubbles around edges. Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer to brown top.